Full Circle Fund is an active network of professionals who leverage their time, expertise, connections and funds to help support high-impact nonprofit organizations. Our members practice philanthropy by identifying and vetting organizations in our four core issue areas – Education, Environment/Energy, Health, and Economic Opportunity – and partnering with selected organizations to achieve impact in the community. Since 2000, our members have volunteered approximately 100,000 hours of service to support more than 130 organizations.
This individual will be an important member of the organization’s leadership team contributing to strategic planning as well as the overall professional development of staff. He/she will evaluate best practices and opportunities to streamline business processes with an eye to future needs, current trade-offs, and budget realities. He/She will understand the delicate balance of building a strong and stable infrastructure while remaining nimble and capable of rapidly responding to opportunities for growth and impact. The Operations Manager will also be a strong day-to-day presence in the Full Circle Fund office available to provide advice and support to staff on immediate needs as well as coaching for their long-term development.
Office Management (20%):
- Serving as point of contact with landlord for office needs and co-location updates.
- Troubleshooting office IT questions such as printing and scanning, internet, and telephone system.
- Maintaining inventory of office and event supplies in collaboration with staff.
- Maintaining inventory and tracking of fixed assets such as furniture and computer equipment.
- Serving as point of contact for vendor relationships and managing vendor contracts.
- Overseeing office organization such as filing and storage.
Collaborate with our external accountant on (25%):
- Organizing and transferring financial documents to the external accountant for processing of accounts payable/receivable and grant disbursements.
- Reviewing and analyzing financial reports from accountant.
- Reconciling financial reports with Salesforce data.
- Supporting the completion of annual audit and 990 tax filing.
- Managing gift administration including depositing checks, identifying and tracking payments received, and sending monthly and end-of-year acknowledgement letters.
Collaborate with our external HR service provider on (10%):
- Administering payroll and benefits.
- Maintaining the Employee Handbook in accordance with organizational, federal, state and local policies.
- Onboarding and off-boarding all staff.
Leading Technology initiatives, including but not limited to (30%):
- Serving as system administrator for all technology systems
- Managing the internal processes for enabling successful Member and Grant Partner communities.
- Managing the Salesforce CRM database infrastructure and ensuring data integrity.
- Collaborating with an external contractor for CRM updates, as needed.
- Developing best practices and managing communications tools such as Cirrus Insights.
- Oversee electronic file collaboration and storage on platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox
- Developing working knowledge of the website CMS and assisting with monthly website updates.
- Implementing an organization wide project management tool
- Sourcing, implementing and training staff on new systems and platforms, as needed.
Event Support (15%):
- Act as on-site event director for monthly after regular work hour events.
- Collaborating closely with the Program Officer and Director of Membership on event logistics related to the venue, F&B, liquor license and, liability insurance, and volunteer management.
- Providing support for tracking event registration, attendance, and sponsorships.
The Operations Manager will contribute to overall organizational success through:
Strategy: Serve as a critical member of close-knit leadership team requiring reflective and critical thinking, deep collaboration and project management skills. Inform Board-level conversations about overall health and direction of the organization.
Execution: Lead large-scale projects from conceptualization through delivery. Source and manage additional support (e.g., interns, volunteers, contractors) to see through high-quality deliverables and programming. Proactively identify and mitigate risks in order to achieve on-time delivery.
- Min. 3-5 years professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE
- An entrepreneurial spirit that thrives when managing own projects and deals well with ambiguity.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization, as a staff or volunteer, with general understanding of grant-making activities.
- Experience using a cloud-based CRM, Salesforce experience prioritized
- Excellent project management capabilities and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- An analytical mind and approach, with a very keen eye for detail.
- Vendor and contract management experience.
- Understanding of financial reports in order to analyze financial data.
- Experience in both Mac and PC environments, with deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and advanced Excel knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of the organizational mission and programs.
Additional experience that will be prioritized:
- Salesforce experience.
- Experience/knowledge of consulting practices.
- Experience with HR systems, practices and procedures.
- Events experience (ideally including website, brand-building, message platform, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting.
Full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. Flexible work schedule and location are available as needed. Compensation package will include a competitive salary (discussed in the interview process) and full health and dental benefits.
Email a thoughtful cover letter, resume, and salary history to Careers@fullcirclefund.org using the subject line “Application: Operations Manager”
Application closing date: March 12, 2017
Full Circle Fund is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical conditions. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application. Full Circle Fund will also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.