HOW IT WORKS
Phase 1: Nonprofit Selection + Project Scoping (Month 1-2)
- FCF will work together with companies to select 3 nonprofit grant partners using an equitable participatory grantmaking strategy
- FCF scopes nonprofit partner projects, defines milestones, goals, and outcomes, and the “dream team” of skills that are needed to meet the nonprofits' project goals.
- Each of the 3 winning organizations will receive a $15k grant as well as the support from the volunteers to help scale each organization’s impact
Phase 2: Team Selection (Month 3-4)
- FCF will map out what skills each grant partner project requires (example) and work with Company to recruit 6 Team Leads (2 per nonprofit), typically Director/VP or higher, who will then help recruit the remaining 15 employee volunteers.
Phase 3: Orientation (Month 4)
- Member orientation: Teams learn about FCF, Grant Partners, and projects
- Member Power & Privilege Workshop: Prepare members for effective partnerships
- Member + Grant Partner Meet & Greet
Phase 4: Project Execution (Month 5-9)
- FCF will facilitate 2 working session events over 4 months between Grant Partners and members and check-in calls throughout the engagement to ensure progress toward project goals
Phase 5: Offboarding (Month 10)
- FCF works with teams to finalize deliverables and prep for the transition away from the partnership. Summary of work presented by volunteers and grant partners.
- Impact case studies will be shared with companies shortly after the program completes.
Full Circle Fund partners with nonprofits that address one or more of the following issue areas—economic opportunity, education, environment and energy, health—and tech nonprofits addressing any issue area. We define tech nonprofits as organizations building original hardware or software that use a nonprofit business model to scale social impact. What does partnership mean?
Skills-based volunteer support: 4 months dedicated pro bono support from a team of 6-10 volunteers on a high-priority project you are seeking external expertise and skills to design, develop, or implement Unrestricted funding: $15,000 one-time general operating grant.
Ongoing connections to the Full Circle Fund community as an alumni grant partner with benefits such as identification of new board members, consultants, staff, donors, and volunteer “champions;” new professional expertise, leadership development, and skills for staff; new relationships with social sector peers; follow-on funding and funder-ready deliverables; new data and measurement tools.