Mission: Foundation for a College Education’s mission is to increase the number of first-generation, low-income students of color from East Palo Alto and similar communities who graduate from a four-year college or university.
Who We Are: The vision of FCE is to create a community where higher education is attainable. By engaging both students and parents in our work, we aim to create a community of learners who are armed with the right tools and information. Together, they play a pivotal role in sharing this information with other families about how best to take advantage of school resources and navigate the college admissions process, thus catalyzing change in the larger community.
What We Do:
- High Expectations: We encourage our students to move beyond standard grade-level performance and pursue college preparatory and advanced levels to ensure they are prepared to attend our nation’s competitive colleges.
- Family and Community Engagement: We believe that meaningful family and community engagement is key to student success.
- Measurable Results: We measure our success by the number of students who graduate from college. Intermediate measures include the number of college prep classes taken, GPA, and percentage of college admissions.
- College Graduation: At FCE, college acceptance is only a first step; a college degree is critical to our students’ economic and social mobility.
Foundation for a College Education (FCE) is hoping to increase their social media presence to raise awareness about their organization and bring in more support from the community and donors.
They are excited to partner with a FCF project team to develop a social media strategy that maximizes the impact of their efforts.
The project will likely entail:
Conducting stakeholder interviews with staff to understand their goals for social media marketing.
Analyze performance of FCE’s social media and talk to current audience members to gather feedback.
- Researching social media best practices for nonprofits.
Deliverable #1: Create a social media strategy for the organization that their team can execute on. Strategy should take into consideration the time and resources available.
Include recommendations for platforms, messaging, frequency, etc.
Deliverable #2: Templates that FCE can use designed around their brand guidelines.
- Deliverable #3: Recommendations for free tools that FCE can use to more efficiently manage their social media marketing.
Asra Hussain (she/her), Senior Program Manager
Tiana Washington, Office Manager
Professional Skills Needed:
Social Media Marketing