POWER & PRIVILEGE TRAINING
At Full Circle Fund, members from the private, public, and nonprofit sectors volunteer and work in partnership with local nonprofit leaders in six-month engagements, helping high-impact organizations create solutions for our communities and for lasting social change.
Our new members join us with different lived and learned experiences of identity, power, and privilege. We train all Full Circle Fund members to work collaboratively, respectfully, and effectively with professionals from all backgrounds via our introductory Power & Privilege interactive half-day workshop.
Participants reflect on how issues of Power & Privilege are present in their personal and professional lives and show up in their interactions with workmates, families, and with their nonprofit partners. They experience:
- An introduction to types of power, what privilege means, and practical applications of each
- A facilitated group discussion and small group exercises examining the concept of identity, inventorying privilege, and sharing power
8 out of 10 of our participants would recommend the training to a friend or colleague. Survey responses describe increases in our participants’ cultural competencies, increases in self-awareness, and learnings that changed their perspectives:
- “Amazing job! I learned so much. One of my favorite Full Circle Fund events yet.”
- “I think of myself as being self-aware, but I definitely learned new tools to identify power and privilege.”
- “Small breakouts were intimate and conducive for great collaboration!