The FCF project team worked with Children Now to helped develop a strategic marketing analytics plan to improve communications with members of The Children’s Movement of California, a network of 4,200 direct service, business, parent, student, civil rights, faith, and community groups who care about kids and want to see public policies that support their best interests.
- Acquisition/Engagement: Non-profit websites audit to inform Children Now website improvements
- Acquisition: Google for nonprofits campaign (SEO)
- Engagement: Propensity model for campaigners engagement
- Engagement: Survey to members to understand content interest and drive engagement
- Engagement: Activation journey mapping recommendations
Impact on Children Now:
- Changes from an audit integrated in the new website update which helped Children Now change the placement of Children’s Movement calls to action (CTA). On our homepage, we created a visual banner above the fold, and in campaign emails, we included multiple CTAs throughout to catch readers’ attention. Other suggestions have been taken into consideration, but not yet implemented.
- Reactive Google Workspace for Nonprofits which included extensive support and guidance around setting up advertising campaigns through the Google Ad Grants program, which is free of cost.
- Content engagement survey draft created and has been used as a framework for a deeper engagement survey that Children Now plans to field this year.
Volunteer Member Skills Used:
- Marketing analytics expertise
- Marketing automation expertise
- Digital marketing campaign expertise
- Member/customer service/experience
- Dashboards and reports – data visualizations and accessibility
- Lifecycle marketing
Andrew Fox, Sr. Revenue Marketing Manager, GitHub, Tomball TX
Thibault Imbert, VP, Growth, GitHub, San Francisco CA
Malavika Kurup, Manager, Strategy Analytics, Medallia, San Francisco CA
Jessica McGee, Director of Global Digital Marketing, Medallia, Marina CA
Jonathan Shafer, Director, Solution Marketing, Medallia, San Francisco CA
Belinda Simmons, Solution Principal, Medallia, Phoenix AZ